First Wakingtime: Welcome Home!

All things stored!

Re: First Wakingtime: Welcome Home!

Postby Dash » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Dash to Snakebite

"What? No....I......" protested Dash loudly. "I can help you with......" She began her sentence, but broke off immediately. What followed was a facial expression of berrer hurt. It had been more than clear. Dash felt useless. She was probably good only for fishing and dyeing. All others seemed to be given a chance, but only she becomes no chances. "A lot of success yet." Dash got out yet, turned on her heels and went to meet her father. Ideally she would have crawled into a corner pouting.
Dash

Postby Smoke » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Pitchblack to Snakebite

Pitchblack grumbled at the interruption in his work and even more at how and why. "You'd think Snakebite's old enough to get rid of her herself," he muttered but stood up anyway - he knew that it wasn't as easy as he said to get rid of his daughter. He never would admit it but he actually, secretly loved this about Dash like he loved everything about his wild tomboy daughter - most of the time.

**Coming,** he sent to the guard, somewhat reluctantly.

Cinderglow to Silkberry

Cinderglow smiled and nodded. "Great!" She always was looking forward to the harvest - while it was difficult work and it wasn't actually nice to kill the grubs they had cared for so long, it was challenging work in the best sense as well, and it had the additional advantage that they were working with the weavers, and she loved working with her lifemate.

With a frown she picked up a grub herself and held it in her hand, trying to feel its weight like Silkberry did. She liked to imagine she was getting a grasp on this, too ...
Smoke
Chieftess

Postby Glowfin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Blazesmith to Oreforger

The master smith gave a huff focusing back on his work. It was much more relaxed without a student around and again he wondered why he accepted students in the first place. He didn’t intent to die to soon and it was much easier to work with those who knew what they did already.

Through... the darn lad had talent and that was something Blazesmith couldn’t waste.

“He better DO!” he snapped back. “Otherwise I wasted my time!”

Blaze /Glowfin to Gentleflame, Redmark

**Woah, woah! I’m sorry little fish!** Blaze sent back at the angry sending he reserved from Silkberry’s boy. **I didn’t mean to upset you.** Through he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself. Secretly the firestarter wondered if Glowfin would agree with that name better if he’d not get it from Longreach. After all … Blaze understood why he reacted so … peeved.

He arrived at the lake the moment his own son sent to him. He grimaced in sympathy. **Aww… I’m sorry my son. But hey so we have something in common. He kicked me out as well.** he sent back. **Well actually I am busy. Will gut some fishes to get new oil for the lamps with Finny… err Glowfin. But if you want stop by. Every helping hand is welcome.**

Approaching father and son he raised a hand. “Hey there.” He greeted both. His eyes caught the hurt leg of the boy. “Oh? What did you do?”

---

A grave pout came to Glowfin’s face. It wasn’t meant for his father but Blaze. He liked blaze pretty well, but sometimes he had the same way to drive him up the wall as Redmark. His pout faded a bit at Gentleflame’s encouraging words.

“Not fair!” Glowfin pointed out. “I’d count him out by at last two if I could have…” He gave a sigh and shook his head. He didn’t intend going on with that and just looked over his leg when Blaze arrived. He still was a little pissed about being called by his unloved nickname.

“Hey…” he greeted back and placed his hand over the bandage. “Just cut myself at a clif.” He said and raised his chin a bit. “Nothing to worry about.”

Ramble to Silkberry, Cinderglow Stark (sorta)

Ramble didn’t intent to go on with talking to Stark. It was a waste of time. Humming she went to search for something else to do until Smoke allowed her to go on a gathering trip again. Maybe some dreamplants would help her to relax and forget the anger about the two stubborn males.

Going straight to the gardens she saw that it was almost empty here. Seemed Gentleflame hadn’t his crew on work this time. She heared idal chatter from the silkworm den through. Deciding to stop by for a short hello she went down the few stairs and greeted. “hello girly.” She said with a wide smile. “Busy, busy…”

Tempt Snakebite to Dash, Pitchblack

The tall female gave a sigh and shook her head when the girl.. dashed off. **She’s on her way back now.** she let Pitchblack know. ** Continue my round…**
Glowfin
Chieftess

Postby Seeker » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 am

Redmark to Blaze

Although he was disappointed that Blaze wouldn't have time to just talk, Redmark gave his father a mental nod. **I'll be there,** he sent and started in the direction of Blaze's sending. He supposed it was better that there was something for him to do when he met up with Blaze and seeing Glowfin would hopefully lift his spirits.

~*~

Gentleflame to Blaze, Glowfin

Gentleflame smiled at Glowfin's complaining and might have tried to soften his son's ruffled feathers when Blaze popped up. The blond elf returned Blaze's greeting and lifted a brow at the way Glowfin waved off his injury. "Of course. Nothing to worry about. When he actually manages to lose a limb, then we can worry, slightly. Until then..." Gentleflame shrugged with a teasing smile.

~*~

Seeker to Smoke, Shadefern

Seeker's attention snapped to Smoke and Shadefern for a moment before the elf shrugged. **There really wasn't much else that happened that's worth talking about,** he informed Smoke. **Unless Shadefern can think of something I'm forgetting.** He gave his student an indulgent smile; Seeker knew that, at times, important events or details tended to slip his mind, especially after such a long journey.

**As for Snakebite...can we trust her to care for the egg and not squash it?** he asked earnestly. **She's one of the most knowledgeable elves in the tribe when it comes to snakes, but she also kills them as part of her duty.**
Seeker

Postby Longreach » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:01 pm

Longreach to Rapidrider, Brightmetal

After bickering back and forth on the way to the water, Longreach had nearly forgotten he was flustered by Shadefern deciding to ignore him for a while.

"Are we going to play, or just talk about playing?" he asked while lightly tossing his dice from hand to hand. Longreach looked at his companions and added "So, what's the bet this time?"
Longreach
Site Admin

Postby Longreach » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:10 pm

Fireneedle to Seeker

**Is food involved?** the healer sent jokingly. There usually was when Seeker and Shadefern returned, and she hadn't found an opportunity to eat yet. **At least if the meeting gives you all a headache, I'll be on hand already.** Fireneedle said and turned down a different path to walk toward Smoke's den.
Longreach
Site Admin

Postby Smoke » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Oreforger to Blazesmith

Oreforger grunted and shrugged. What was there to reply to such a true statement? "Here's hoping," he grumbled. To be true, he was glad that he never had had to teach anyone but Blazesmith - they got along well but with the elves he would have ended up losing his mind, most likely! Or maybe he wouldn't because someone who survived being friends with Dreamfinder and Pebble could survive almost anything without losing their mind. And so could someone who had been raised by them, he thought, though he didn't say it aloud.

Hope, Greengift, Diamond, Coal to Stonebranch, Granite

Hope laughed her clear laughter at Stonebranch's reprimand, not in the least bashful. "Well, we are not as clever as you and Granite," she teased him, standing on tiptoe to brush a kiss on his cheek as he took some of her fish.

Greengift felt the tips of her ears grow warm with embarrassment in contrast to her mother's nonchalance. "We just didn't think," she murmured while she picked up the vegetables, giving some of them to Granite to put into his pot so that her arms were not quite as full.

Diamond tried to bite back a few tears of frustration - it was so annoying that she always was so clumsy! And it was so strange that she was, none of her parents were. Nor was Seeker, she quickly corrected herself as she noticed that she had thought of Hope and Stonebranch first. However, with everyone being amused rather than angry, she managed to swallow them and quickly bent down to help Granite fill the pot with the scattered fruit and vegetables.

Coal nodded eagerly to Stonebranch's request but looked around for a good place for his own load first. "Do you have another pot?" he asked Granite, seeing that this one was already filling up.

Rapidrider to Brightmetal, Longreach

"You're all talk again, little sis," Rapidrider complained, shaking his head sadly as if regretting the sad state of this cycle's youth. "Well then, let's get down to it."

He led the other two to a nice cosy spot near the water where some moss was making the ground softer and plopped down unceremoniously. "Could offer a few nice stones," he began as he untied the little pouch he always wore around his waist, holding his dice and some little gems - nothing very valuable, just enough for a small game.

Pitchblack to Snakebite, Dash

Pitchblack grumbled. **Next time just send her home immediately,** he 'strongly suggested' to the head of the guards. Dash was old enough that she didn't need to be guarded every step she took.

He turned around to go back to his work den. **Dash, come to my work cave,** he then sent to his daughter. At least he could give her something to do if she was so bored that she was bothering Snakebite - though he was aware that it wasn't exactly boredom why she was running after her. Work would still help to keep her head clear.
Smoke
Chieftess

Postby Glowfin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:38 am

Blazesmith to Oreforger

Blazesmith decided that it was time again to remind Blaze and Snakebite what the hack he did here for their offspring and trade some good stuff out of them. The trollish part of his nature had to admit that it was at last good for that. Since Oreforger and him seemed to think alike he focused back on his work and planned the trip to his troll-kin.

Soon the tunnels around the forge were filled with busy silence.

Shadefern to Seeker, Smoke

Shadefern, meanwhile a little bored by the council nodded lazily and supported her chin on her hands. "No nothing worse to mention. We checked on the tunnels and well.. you see it on the maps ... others then the snake egg we found nothing interesting."

At Seeker's comment about Snakebite she first raised an eyebrow then burst out in laughter. "By all the troll-dung in the fire-touched stone, Seeker you should spent more time around your tribe... Snakebite LOVES this limbless sneaky creatures. Another part of her job is also to take care of them." she pointed out and wondered not the first time if Seeker really was a part of this tribe.

He shared some beds here but ... well...

"Are we done now?" Shadefern asked her sister.

Stonebranch to Coal, Greengift, Hope, Granite, Diamond

Stonebranch smiled at the tender gesture of his lifemate and took the fish without complaining. He still was amazed how love could last so long and seemed to grow stronger with each day through. Sure there were times when Hope drove him up the walls and he had to spent some time away from here.. but then there were times he couldn't wait to get back to her and loved her all the more.

"That's alright my love." he answered her. "Therefore you are.. all yourself."

He looked back to Granite and couldn't help but wonder if he ever would get Smoke to share his longing. It would be good on them if Smoke settled. At last in his eyes. It had helped Fireeye... well until he broke over the loose of his soulmate.

"Yes it looks as if we have all we need for a big meal." he said and smiled at Coal and the kids. He noticed Diamond's embarrassment and decided it was time for a nice story for her to show her she was not alone. A story about young Pebble it would be. Pebble always had been a mess but no one had made such an impact on the tribe... No really - and he was good to lift some spirits.

""So everyone has picked up everything?"

Glowfin / Blaze to Gentleflame, Redmark

Blaze smirked and sat down. "Redmark will join us in a bit as well." he informed the two other elves and helped himself to one of the fishes. "Better be careful with that cut then I know My son won't think that's funny." he warned Glowfin. Smiling back at Gentleflame he started to open the fish's belly and look for the oil he needed. It was more or less milking the fish after opening the belly but he meanwhile was quite good in it.

Glowfin rolled his eyes and looked a LOT like his mother when she thought something was not really funny and out of place. "Redmark will come?" Glowfin indeed became a little bit pale. The only elf who fussed more over him then Redmark was his mother. He gave a sigh and prepared himself for a What did you do and what were you thinking-talk with his agemate.

Starting to open another fish and extract the oil he mused what to do to get the talk away from his leg. Honestly it felt a lot better already.

"Did he get kicked out again?" he asked Blaze. The only thing that could drive Redmark out of the forge so early was Blazesmith had grown tried of him.
Glowfin
Chieftess

Postby Smoke » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:10 pm

Smoke to Seeker, Shadefern

Smoke sighed and pulled her hand through her hair. Well, she couldn't be unhappy about the lack of other findings - many of them spelled trouble for the elves so it was better for the tribe if the tunnels were quiet. It was only her own restless, curious nature that craved news from the realms beyond the lair; she always was fascinated by how little they knew about some parts despite their long life.

She snorted in laughter, joining her sister, at Seeker's question. "Seeker, I fear I'll have to order you to get acquainted with your tribe again!" she joked - of course that was nothing she ever would order him to though she would quite like it if he did so on his own. It wasn't good if he drifted away from the tribe. "Anyway, no, I'm sure Snakebite won't squash it - but I can tell her not to, just to be sure," she added with a wink. Both in her knowledge and love for snakes Snakebite rivalled Darkthought, as far as she remembered - though the former chief Smoke and Shadefern's father had challenged was not a popular topic around many, she had had Stonebranch tell her all about him when she had taken 'Shadowsting', as well as about Shadow and Fireeye's time before her birth.

The chieftess clapped her hands, then resting them on her knees as she got up. "Alright, thank you," she said. "I'll have another look at the maps later but for now let's go and join the others for the meal."
Smoke
Chieftess

Postby Silkberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:22 am

Silkberry to Cinderglow

Silkberry fought back a chuckle as Cinderglow did exactly what she had did when she was just learning the skill. Instead of laughing, she just smiled and watched. After a moment, she took the grub back and placed it back on its leaf. "you'll get it eventually," Silkberry said, "just as long as you stick to it."

Silkberry turned to face the cave and after doing a quick sweep, shrugged her shoulders (Mostly to herself). "Looks like we are done here for now." she said as she turned back to her pupil, crossing her arms over her chest, just as Ramble came into the chamber. She nearly froze on the spot, but kept her facial expression neutral ..all except her eyes.

Her gray eyes held no warmth for the elf before her, but she wasn't about to not be cordial to her. "Hello," she greeted in kind.

Brightmetal to Longreach/Rapidrider

Brightmetal stuck her tongue out at her brother's comment and ignored Longreach's gripping --when did he not grip anyways?-- as she followed the pair to a spot that looked nice and comfortable. She sat down on the ground and began to dig around in her pouch to see what was worth betting when her brother pointed out some small stones. "Pretty," she said, and pulled out her own too. Rubies and Emerald mostly.

"I've got these to match yours," she added.
Last edited by Silkberry on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Silkberry

Postby Seeker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Seeker to Smoke, Shadefern

Seeker frowned in confusion, pausing a moment to think about Snakebite, her crazy hair and fiery personality, those little eyes that would narrow whenever he flirted with Ramble when she was around... Oh. Shaking his head, Seeker realized that he'd been thinking of Snakebite when she was a pebble; she'd always seemed like such an aggressive, hostile little one. He really wasn't very close to her and hadn't seen much of her once she'd grown up. He knew that she was a guard...

**I think you're both right,** he sent to Smoke and Shadefern. **My mind's playing tricks on me, wandering to the past.** The white haired elf's smile was soft and regretful. One of the things that helped him pass the time wandering the tunnels on his own was his memories and sometimes it was a bit difficult pulling himself out of them again.

~*~

Gentleflame, Redmark to Glowfin, Blaze

Gentleflame sighed and shook his head at the news about Redmark. "Sometimes I wonder why Blazesmith bothers taking any apprentices. Redmark seems to spend more time out of the forge than in it, yet Blazesmith doesn't like it when he uses his shaping magic. How can the lad---"

"Hey," Redmark suddenly greeted the group, cutting off Gentleflame. He went over and sat beside Glowfin, giving his friend a half-smile, then looked to his father. "So...fish oil gathering?" The young elf was sulking so badly, he didn't even notice his friend's injury.

Gentleflame lifted a brow at Blaze, giving him a questioningly look. With the boy so obviously down, perhaps it would have been best to give him and Blaze some privacy to talk things out. The blond elf suggested just that in private sending to the firemaker.

~*~

Temping Granite to Stonebranch, Coal, Hope, Greengift, Diamond

Granite smiled at the girls helping with the food and informed Greengift, "There should be one more back there," gesturing with his head the area him and Stonebranch had been in. With his pot full, he hefted it with a small grunt---how was fruit so heavy?---and was about to head back to the cooking area when he saw the expression on Diamond's face.

Shifting the pot to his side, he held it with one arm as the other reached out to rest on Diamond's head. "Feel like helping out with the cooking, Diamond?" he asked, hoping to distract the girl from whatever it was that had upset her. "We could always use an extra set of helpful hands."
Seeker

Previous

Return to "Archives"